Don’t you wish if the world we live in could just let us live & not throw on us the heavy weight of guilt of so many kinds? Well, I certainly do! Come on, think of it. There are so, so many types of things that all of us would go ahead and accomplish, if only others wouldn’t judge us. Here’s a list off the top of my head. Feel free to add to it!
- Eating a high in calories something, knowing that it would add to your already overweight self.
- Falling in love with someone years or cultures apart.
- Letting oneself out without any makeup at all, with all of your marks, dark circles and acne on display because you are just not in the mood.
- Stealing a little “me-time” for yourself, even though your family screams for attention.
- Not replying to a colleague because hello, that is why you took a holiday. That is what an “off” means.
- Binge-watching the silliest stuff on TV or internet and discussing it with your friends.
- Celebrating your birthday with the same fervour that you had as a child.
- Crying your heart out in public because you can’t hold yourself all together anymore.
- Laughing out loud on the faces of those you find ridiculous.
- Saying no to your loved ones and going ahead with what you think is right.
- Wearing what you like, anytime and anywhere.
- Saying what you like, anytime and anywhere.
Doing what you like, anytime and anywhere.
But maybe not today. Maybe not another day. Maybe in another life. Maybe in another world free of guilt.